Friday, February 6, 2009

20 Questions with Someone To Save You

add,yo!(:

Someone To Save You is a Purely Gangster Radio sponsored artist who is one of the most unselfish we have ever met. Wes' music can easily be anyone's soundtrack to their hopes, dreams, love, heartache, and life in general.

Where does the name Someone To Save You come from?
Lyrics to one of my Favorite songs…kinda...it’s a twisted version of the lyrics (laughs) Give And Take by Forever The Sickest Kids

How did Someone To Save You come to be?
Me and my friend Ethan were in bands together on and off and I finally just decided to run my own thing for down time and more person stuff, I’m really happy I did

How would describe your sound to someone who’s never heard you before?
Happy, acoustic-y, deep, loving smiles with rainbows and unicorns singing =]

What was it that inspired you to get into music, and is it the same thing that continues to inspire you today?
Two things, God and Taking Back Sunday, they are the band that made me wanna do this for my life. And God is just the driving force behind everything I do (or I try anyway)

Who are some of your major influences?
The Spill Canvas, Forever The Sickest Kids, Taking Back Sunday, The Maine, and Anberlin

Your new EP, Take It All Back, is due out at then end of the month. How was the recording process for that?
Well the song "From Me To You" I put loads of time into because it was about a girl I was with at the time.So I wanted it just right, and the rest I had a billion ideas for. So when I went into record we just sat down and did it because I had literally already written it all out on paper the way I wanted it. (Laughs)

What is your favorite song on it?
Umm I like "Why Can’t You Just Let Go Already" "In the Dark" and "Lies and Alibis"

What can fans expect from this EP as far as sound?
Good stuff and hopefully stuff they will like

What is it that inspires your lyrics, and is there one particular lyric that means the most to you?
Ummm pretty much life and I don't know. They all hit pretty close to home.

What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs? Do you think these topics will change over time?
Life and God and probably not. (Laughs)

What is it that fuels your passion for what you do?
Jesus. Without music I just wouldn't be me.

If you had to cover any song what song would you want to cover?
Ummm wow (Laughs) I’m not sure yet. Maybe “Chopped and Screwed” by T-Pain

If you could collaborate with any artist who would it be and why?
Nick Thompson from The Spill Canvas and Caleb Turman from FTSK. They are my favorite musician song writers.

What has been your biggest moment? What has been your biggest challenge so far?
Finding people I can play with and the battle of the bands about 3 weeks ago it was great fun =]

Your myspace bio reads, “ALSO I COMMENT BACK AS MUCH AS I CAN SO IF I DON"T COMMENT BACK TRY, TRY AGAIN =]”. How important to you is it that you connect with your fans and listeners?
I think if I don't do that I shouldn't be allowed to play music. Without them, I wouldn't be anywhere.

How do you feel the Internet has contributed to your music and fan base as a whole?
(Laughs) can you say “co-dependant”. I needed it from the start or no one would know about me.

What’s something people would be surprised to learn about you that they don’t already know?
I’m not perfect and I am pretty normal. Oh and I LOVE TMNT and YooHoo!

What would you say is the most embarrassing song in your music collection?
(Laughs) Ummm I actually don't have anything I'm embarrassed of. I love all music.

What do you think you’d be doing if you weren’t making music?
Drawing. (laughs) or school stuff

What do you hope the future holds for Someone To Save You?
Enough money to play for the rest of my life =]

Is there anything you’d like to say to conclude the interview?
Thank you so much PGR and all the fans! Without you, this wouldn't be possible. God Bless =]

No comments:

Post a Comment