Sunday, October 25, 2009

No Inside's Late Nights and Early Mornings cd review

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No Inside’s album, Late Nights and Early Mornings, without doubt has a pop-punk/emo sound to it. It starts off with “Open Late,” a song that starts to set the mood for the album. “Hot and Cold” is the next song that includes likable hooks that will get stuck in your head such as “fake it baby, fake it.”

The way “Push Us Back” flows into “Lullaby” is unique. It comes to a close with someone talking as if you’re listening to the news on the radio, and it goes into “Lullaby” just like that the guitar part starting. This song’s a different one. “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,” is sung in the song which caught my attention – it’s definitely something I haven’t heard before in this genre of music.

“Drowning” is a well written song with good lyrics that will have you singing along in no time. Following that is “Don’t Tell Amy” which starts off at a slower tempo, but proves to be a really great song. “Let it Fall” is personally my favorite song on the album, and seems to have the most distinctive sound to it.

Listening to “Honesty is the Best Policy” I was curious to hear it live. It sounds like it’d be a great song to play at a show. “Hanging Up the Cape” has a catchy beat to it, and I noticed I was subconsciously nodding my head along to the song the first time I listened to it. Instantly when I heard “*67” I wanted to pick up a guitar and learn how to play the song. It has a great guitar part throughout the whole song, and with lines like “I’m sorry you fell for a rock star,” you’re sure to be setting that as your new Facebook status.

The second to last song “The Forecast Song” was like “Hanging Up the Cape” for me; I nodded my head along to it, and I thought it was appealing. The last song on No Inside’s CD is “Watch It Burn.” Listening to the beginning I was wary about the song, but as I got further into the song I truly enjoyed it.

Late Nights and Early Mornings is a pretty good CD for a local band. It’s not the perfect album, but what actually is? Check No Inside out for yourself, and you’ll see their music is satisfying.


This review was written by Ms. Jenn Carroll of PurelyGangsterRadioNJ//JennyHero

No comments:

Post a Comment