Sunday, November 16, 2008

20 Questions with PlugInStereo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PlugInStereo's interview takes the cake for latest PGR interview conducted (1am-2am). Even though Trevor was sick with strep throat, he took the time out to sit down and answer 20 questions with Dj Saint.

What's the story behind the name Plug In Stereo?
Well, when i started making the music for PlugInStereo, i didn't have a band name, it was just called "Trevor Dahl", so i posted bulletins asking for suggestions and a girl gave the name.

What were some of the other suggestions (if you remember them) and what made you choose that one?
The only other one i remember was BrakeLight. I chose PlugInStereo because it sounded catchy and it fit the style of music I'd be doing.

Your Myspace bio currently reads, "im a VEGETARIAN. :D" Why did you choose to put just this simple statement opposed to say...a "regular" artist bio including basic information about when you started and what you've accomplished?
It just seems like a lot of bands try to make up long stories that try to make em seem all intense and cool or w.e. and i didn't feel like doing that and i wanted to put somthing down that people could relate to or appreciate.

I thought it was refreshing compared to all the bands PGR meets who have novels as bios. So how long have you been doing plug in stereo?
Thanks! I've been doing it for like 5 months? Maybe more I'm not quite sure.

Wow that's almost half a year. How did you get your music reviewed by bands like Forever The Sickest Kids and The Maine?
I Myspace'd the dudes from the bands and i got responses. I mean, I didn't really expect 'em to return the messages but they did.

That's pretty awesome. I've been a skeptic about messaging big bands for the sole reason that they wouldn't respond. Vanessa and I actually ran into Jonathan and Kyle from Forever the Sickest Kids last month at the Cobra Starship concert. One of the reviews, I believe from Tom from the Hush Hush Commotion mentioned that he was surprised someone who was only 15 could make such great music. Are you really 15??
That's way tite. and yup. I am 15. I'll be 16 in April.

Wow, I'm rather impressed I must say. Is it hard being so young, being a singer and having to do things like homework?
(Laughs) Thank you. YESSS I fall behind in school because I'm always playing music.

Who would you say is your biggest influence?
Eeek. That's a hard one. I listen to a lot music but my biggest acoustic influence is probably a tie between a rocket to the moon/NeverShoutNever/Chase Coy

Where does the inspiration for your songs usually come from?
Just everyday things. Ikinda make up story lines in my head sometimes though.

What is your favorite song you have written and recorded so far and why?
Hard to sleep. It was the first PlugInStereo song i recorded. So it's pretty important to me and i like playing it the best.

If you could remix that song and collaborate with any artist who would you choose and why?
NeverShoutNever-making a more electro-acoustic style song with his voice would be rad. And I think he is a rad musician.

What's the music scene is like in Oregon?
It's waaay bigger then people think it is. People that move here from different states tell me they didn't know it was so big, but the music here is mostly hardcore though.

It seems like there's a lot of hardcore over here in Cali too. Do you have any plans for touring?
Not at the moment. I was planning on going on tour with The Ready Set in December, but it got all messed up and it's not gonna work. But in summer i want to tour.

What would you say would be your dream tour?
how many bands could i have? (laughs.)
Let's say 3 others.
(Laughs.) alright. I'd have to say Forever the Sickest Kids, A Rocket to the Moon. NeverShoutNever And we'd go EVERYWHERE! The US, Europe, Then Australia.

You keep mentioning NeverShoutNever who is rather popular on Myspace. How do you feel the Internet has contributed to your music and fan base as a whole?
If there wasn't Internet, or even Myspace alone, I would be NOWHERE. It's where i do all my promotion and stuff.

What's something people would be surprised to learn about you that they don't already know?
Thats a toughy... hmmmm I'm actually also in a hardcore band. I guess that could be kind of a shocker.

Wow, seriously? I'm pretty shocked about that one. What's the most embarrassing song on your ipod?
Well, currently i don't have an ipod :/ it broke. BUT! when i had it, id probably say.. JoJo

What do you think you'd be doing if you weren't making music?
Sitting around my house. PlugInStereo is my life.

If you had to describe your sound to someone who's never heard you before what would you say?
Orgasmic. (laughs) just kidding I have no idea.
Eargasmic?
I was going to say it's acoustic electro (laughs) but what you said was better. I'm going to have to go with Eargasmic.

(Laughs.) What do you hope the future's like for PlugInStereo?
Hopefully a booking agent will hear me sooner or later and I will start playing with some larger acts to get my name out there.


Well that's 20 questions Is there anything you would like to say to your fans to conclude this interview?
I love you all and..PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment